In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Battered Markers for Dragon Rampant

My game last weekend drove home that I needed some markers to indicate that a unit was battered. Something better than the red rubber caps we used.
For games of Lion Rampant I have a selection of both 11th and 15th century casualty figures to mark a unit as battered. But nothing appropriate to Middle Earth.
So I sat down with some washers and my bits box and made these:
I spread caulking on the washers (taping over the holes first) and the covered them in sand.
Spare shields and weapons were then glued in place to represent the broken flotsam of a field of battle.
After a week of letting things set up properly, it was a simple matter of painting and flocking, mixing both Evil and Free shield motifs. I used a few flower and grass tufts to help them pop.




I hope 10 are enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment