In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Saturday, January 7, 2017

A Gift for the Feast of Epiphany

As the Mad Padre will tell you, Friday was the Feast of Epiphany, the day the Wise Men brought their gifts, and the last day of Christmas. Conveniently, my present from Mrs Rabbitman arrived in the mail. Not gold, frankincense and myrrh, but two MDF buildings for my 15mm WW2 games from Crescent Root Studio.
Terrace and shop


These are, quite frankly, the feline's sleep wear.
Hotel, or pub with apartments



They seem pricey compared to 4Ground, but they come out of the box assembled and table ready. The finish is superb, with a pleasant texture to the walls and the use of printed roof tiles gives a better look.

Mrs Rabbitman opted for the bases for each building, so they have some walkways to help tie them into the table top. I've already indicated that the extra damaged floors and the other two buildings would be very nice for my birthday and/or next Christmas.

My only complaint is that they don't have the same extensive range that 4Ground has. The lack of interior walls can be easily fixed with some heavy card.

Compared to my other buildings, they really shine.
With 4Ground terrace houses

Resin Landmark cafe looks a bit small
Someone asked how 20mm figures look beside them. So here are some of my 15mm Germans and a very out of place 20mm modern Canadian, checking out the new real estate.
The 20mm figure is oversized, but he might look OK beside one of their middle eastern buildings instead; mud brick construction is different and the door ways tend to be lower I think.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the picture James, CRS makes nice terrain, even if it's a little pricey with the current dollar.

    I actually sent an email off to Mark at CRS asking about the 20mm range, and he said sometime in 2017. CRS is also going to be moving away from MDF and switching their kits to plastic.

    ReplyDelete