In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Some Different Ruins

I felt more in the mood to hack up foam core Sunday afternoon instead of working on a commission project (28mm Later Imperial Romans), so I started on a few more feet of walls and some ruins for Afghanistan. Between decades of war and coalition airstrikes, smashed buildings ought to be a common sight.

I arranged the wall pieces in either a T or U shape on some CD bases and then cut them down at jagged angles. I included a few doors as a visual clue that these are ruined houses, not just walls. I also decided to do a smashed grape hut too. However, with the inside being visible as well I needed to punch the vent holes all the way through. It mostly worked but the paper peeled off the foam in a few places.

I then used blobs of PVA glue and the ground corn cob litter we use for Biggles the Bunny to make piles of rubble around the bases.


Close up of grape hut with some Christmas cheer.
Sanding the rest of the bases, a bit of broken roof on the grape hut and texturing the walls are the next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment