In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas!

It's a nice relaxed day in green and sunny Rabbitland. We went to Mass last night and there are no visiting plans today, so there is no rush to get dressed. Son-in-law can't get time off so he and No. 1 Daughter are still in Calgary, so it's just the three of us today.

I received a pleasingly gamerly haul this year. The Mad Padre sent me home from our game day/sleep over with an intriguing wrapped parcel which is the Euro board game Samurai. No. 2 Daughter gave me the first three seasons of Game of Thrones on DVD. I've only seen a few bits of the show when daughter 2 was watching it from an illegal downloading site, so I'm looking forward to it.

Mrs. Rabbitman got me a bunch of titles from my Amazon wish list: the new Osprey Catalaunian Fields AD 451, plus Lion Rampant which looks like good fun (and after a cursory review I'm already wondering how they'll do for Samurai) and The British Army in Afghanistan 2006-14 Task Force Helmand which will probably cause more miniature temptation. Lions of Kandahar looks intriguing, giving a view on what the American special forces were doing during OP MEDUSA. Last in the pile is Mark Zuehlke's Juno Beach the only one of his titles I haven't read yet!

So now it's a day of good cheeses, reading, watching GoT and not worrying if I'm fit to drive.

I hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas out there!

8 comments: