In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Mounds of Joy

I was hoping to have the grape mounds done a month ago, but alas, life got in the way! It took much longer to get the Woodland Scenics Clump Foliage than expected, which involved a road trip to London with Mikey.

I decided against super glue as too expensive. Regular white glue however proved too runny, sliding off the sides of the grape mounds. Plus I buy it in a big jug, decant and brush on, adding to the complexity.

However, Mrs. Rabbitman came to my rescue, telling me of a craft glue called Aleene's Tacky Glue. It is what it says on the bottle. White glue but thicker and stickier.

Fortunately there is a craft store not too far away. So I bought glue and Mrs. Rabbitman bought yarn. After much delay I could finally settle down to several hours of Netflix and get stuck in!

It probably took me about 6 to 8 hours of gluing over about three days.

Here's some of them in front of a grape hut with the new Taliban for effect.



As you can see there's quite a few, and I still have half the bag of clump foliage left.


These should make the battlefield more complex.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, very effective! I use Aleene's for general modelling work, it is versatile.

    ReplyDelete