In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Bisons

I built my two Trumpeter LAV-C2 models very quickly this week. I think they took about 2 1/2 hours total while watching Netflix.

The Trumpeter kits were a pleasure to do. The plastic is robust, even the small pieces I was able to cut from the sprues without out breakage. The instructions are also very clear in the order of construction. These are all quite different from the Dragon Models Leopard, which has suffered from small pieces breaking when trying to cut them free and very unclear directions, especially with the turret assembly.

So here are the Bisons for my Canadian Battle Group:



The model on the left has some holes in the side where the extra radio antenna are supposed to go, since the model is supposed to be a command post vehicle. On the right you can see I've started adding stowage to cover these up.

The only issue I had during assembly was one control arm for the suspension getting away from me and disappearing into our carpeting, which is a remarkably similar colour. Searching on hands and knees with a flashlight didn't turn anything up. But it's not like anyone will notice.

Look closely, there's a hole.
I mean really, what is it with scale modelers and all this undercarriage detail no one will ever see?

And finally, here is the Leopard 2A6M. I'm still waiting on getting the tracks sorted so I can glue on the bazooka plates to hide the missing return track rollers.


Somehow I'd like it too look somewhat like this:


Of course, I now have 8 vehicles for 12 men... I do hope Elheim Figures expands the Modern Canadians soon.

2 comments:

  1. They look great, James. I have a Dragon Hanomag in that scale and the amount of fiddly suspension widgets is unbelievable. I should have noticed it was part of their "Master Modeller" series. Danger, Will Robinson, Danger! The Leopard is very impressive as well - what beasts they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb looking models, a great addition to the collection.

    ReplyDelete