In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

More Mail Goodies!

In today's mail were two parcels!

The first box contained more vehicles for my Canadian Battle Group. I should have taken a pic of the packing job. They were packed tight in a custom made box of polystyrene sheeting and sealed in a couple of layers of fairly heavy duty packing tape. Each box was filled with more polystyrene to stop parts from shaking. I saw these for pretty decent prices on eBay. They are Trumpeter 1/72nd scale kits of the LAV-R and LAV-C2, which when buried in enough stowage will pass for Bison APCs and the Husky Recovery/Engineering vehicle.


A preliminary inspection makes me hope that these will be easier/faster to build than the Dragon Models Leopard 2 which I am working on while watching Netflix.

The second parcel was from Museum Miniatures and contained the B Echelon for my Samurai. One pack of 28/SAM07 Ashigaru carrying supplies and two packs of 28/SAM14 Pack horse with retainer.


So I've got two pack horses, one with boxes of tea and/or ammunition and the other with rice bales, each with an Ashigaru holding a spear and with balls of rice draped around his shoulders. Plus another 5 Ashigaru carrying boxes of ammunition and supplies. There is a nice bit of variety in the heads. Once I add in the 3 peasants carrying loads, I'll have a nice little supply train to protect from Mikey's rampaging Monks.

No comments:

Post a Comment