In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Mess Dinner


Had to post this pic of my friend and myself after the annual Cadet Christmas Mess Dinner. It's held at the Legion. The local Air Cadet Squadron, with whose officers we have become very friendly, and our Corps take turns playing host each year. Since it's for the cadets, it is a dry event and we had to toast the Queen, the Regiment and the RCAF with some appalling fruit punch.

But after the cadets were dismissed we adults retired to a local tavern, which has become our unofficial Mess, for something more refreshing. Although sadly that is only a Pepsi in my hand, as I had a long drive home.

2 comments:

  1. Very spiffy. So you didn't teach the Cadets how to finish the port?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, no. But then none of them are subalterns. I suppose Jr. NCMs might have something similar? I've never been to a proper NCM Mess dinner.

      Delete