In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Samurai Village pt. 2

Didn't get too much hobby time in this week, surprisingly. Usually on afternoon shift I get lots of 'me' time and I can manage to have Wierdy-Beardy over a couple of times to paint.  But this week it was dealing with the car and writing up an Ops Order and training plan for our first cadet weekend in October.

I did manage to get the farmers cottage done and this afternoon finished the roofs on it and the rice barn.

So I quickly laid them out to try and make a scene. Troops from the Typhoo Division march through on their way to teach the decadent Miki Monastery how to properly perform the Tea Ceremony.



I need a better/longer background. Trying to crop the picture to fit the sheet of blue poster board I use doesn't really work for larger scenes.

The Farmer's Cottage has a front and back porch. The back porch features sliding doors; an outer door for security and an inner door with bigger windows.

Outer door closed, inner door slid open

Inner door closed and some extra lighting to show the translucency of the paper windows

Better shot of side of Farmer's cottage
I was going to make my own fences, but that sounds time consuming. I may just buy the 4Ground fences.

Still need some rice paddies. A sheet of something that won't warp and berms around the sides. Still thinking about what to use for water though.

While assembling tensioner pulleys at work this week, I did manage to brain storm how to make baskets of food stuffs, brooms and the quite necessary rice bales though. Those porches are just begging to have benches and baskets on them, and I imagine the mama-sans would have a broom handy to keep them swept clean too!

No comments:

Post a Comment