In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Better Late than Never!

Last fall, a friend had us over to his house for a day of gaming and food for his birthday. Instead of giving him an addition to his lead pile I said "Pick out a unit, say 12 infantry or 6 cavalry, and I'll paint it up for your birthday".

He gave me a mixed bag of British and Russian Victorian-era commanders. So I've poked away at them in between other things like paying commissions and Hotlead over the winter and spring and have just gotten them done. So here they are. I'm quite happy with how the grey horses came out.

Pair of Guards officers

British General

Russian General and Staff Officer

Mounted Russian Commanders (L.) Bicorne figure (?) (R) Old Glory (?)
I comfort myself with the knowledge that they are done before his next birthday and they got painted faster than if he was to do them himself!

1 comment: