In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Bacon Marmalade

We saw this in our local Zehr's the other week and were intrigued:
That's right; bacon marmalade. It's part of the Loblaw's group's new 'black label' upmarket private label range of gourmet foods.

It's an orange marmalade with balsamic vinegar (from Modena, because everything is posher if it's from Italy), sauteed onion and bacon bits added. Very interesting flavours with it's sweet and tangy marmalade juxtaposed against the smoky salty bacony goodness.

We're speculating on how it will serve as a glaze for baked chicken breasts. But this morning I just had some spread on a thick heel of my wife's homemade bread for my eleven o'clock tea. Pretty tasty.

Those who espouse the view that anything is made better with bacon are right in this instance.

5 comments:

  1. bacon marmelade!!! Sounds pretty yucky but i will have to give it a go.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is borderline madness but still it's bacon.......mmmmmmmmm........bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me just at the mention of bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just gross

    Ricco

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Ricco!
    I thought so at first too, but it's surprisingly good on toasted Rye.
    Got to be better than Keith's gravy shots!
    James

    ReplyDelete