In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

In which I blog about my miniature wargaming and whatever else takes my interest!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

120mm Mortars (and other stuff)

While waiting for the gesso to dry on the next batch of commission figures I finished these chaps off.


A four tube battery of 120mm mortars to support my 15mm WW2 Germans. The mortars are Old Glory. For crew I used some extra Old Glory artillerists. Pulling one of the limbered mortars is a Battlefront Opel Blitz truck. The extra ammo boxes are from RAFM.




They had been languishing half done for a really long time, since heavy mortars aren't a priority. But I managed to bang them out in about 40 minutes or so while glue and gesso dried on some more Ottomans for a friend.

I've also gotten the next installment of my 15mm SYW Austrians ready for paint too. Some Old Glory cuirassiers, a squadron each of Lancashire dragoons and hussars, a few extra generals and casualty markers and on the extreme left (already sporting their brown base coat) are some diminutive civilians from I don't know who. A friend who does very little in 15mm and nothing at all in horse and musket had them and passed them along.



And here`s what`s been taking most of my time right now. A horde of 15mm 18th century Ottoman Turks. First off are some Anatolian auxiliaries with Janissary command. Just started are some more regular looking European auxiliaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment